The primary objective of General Engineering Department is to provide platform and launch pad for all engineering streams being explored in our institute. General Engineering Department provides the initial skills and knowledge of all engineering streams to solve various problems.
In the D.Y.Patil Technical Campus, Faculty of Engg. And Faculty of Management, Talsande, Kolhapur the First Year Engineering (F.Y. B Tech.) is treated as a separate department for taking care of the first year engineering students. The department is headed by F.E. Coordinator. Highly qualified and experienced faculties are teaching in this Department. Our faculty members are actively involved in research. We have well-equipped laboratories Engineering Physics, Engineering Chemistry and Language Laboratory. Apart from the teaching of a regular syllabus, the department also pays special attention on the communication skill of the students for which we have developed language laboratory with latest technology and software. Department arranges guest lectures on Soft skills and basic skills of engineers. This training helps in improving the confidence of students and for facing the challenges of job placement in and out Campus. We have the Anti-ragging committee and Anti-ragging squad, through which we have kept educational atmosphere ragging free.
Approved by : AICTE, New Delhi Affiliated to : Shivaji University Admission Procedure : Please refer website : www.dte.org.inProgramme Outcome:-
- 1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization for the solution of complex engineering problems.
- 2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- 3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- 4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- 5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- 6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- 7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- 8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- 9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- 10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with the society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- 11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- 12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in Independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.